SouthEast Building Science, Inc. (SEBS) is an industry leading building diagnostics consulting firm that specializes in assessing moisture related building issues. Our building assessments are performed by experienced professionals using state of the art equipment. We provide simple answers to complicated issues, allowing our clients to properly correct conditions in a cost effective manner.
The experts at SouthEast Building Science have been active in the construction industry for over 30 years. Our extensive knowledge of building assemblies, material properties, and construction methods enable us to solve complex moisture related building issues.
Licenses, Certifications, Memberships:
- Florida State Certified Mold Assessor #MRSA77
- Certified EIFS Inspector MA/BE FL-105
- Certified Indoor Environmentalist 020358
- Certified Mold Remediator CMR542 (inactive)
- Florida State Certified Plumbing Contractor CFC020294 (inactive)
- Member – ASTM International
- Member – American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers
- Member – Exterior Design Institute
Modern buildings are comprised of multiple systems, or assemblies, which must work together to regulate temperature, air movement, humidity, rain, odors, noise, and insects/vermin. In the past, building design, materials, and construction practices evolved at a relatively slow pace and most construction methods evolved through a process of trial and error. However, fast paced changes in materials and design have resulted in unforeseen material and system compatibility issues and, in some cases, buildings that just don’t function properly. Uncontrolled air infiltration, condensation, and rain water leakage are significant factors adversely affecting materials, insulating properties, the effectiveness of air conditioning systems, building contents, and human health and comfort.
Common building envelope and construction deficiencies:
- Improper installation of stucco & stucco accessories
- Improper placement of water resistant barrier
- Improper flashing installation
- Poorly applied paint and sealants
- Poor site drainage
- Poor installation or lack of deck and balcony water-proof membranes
- Improper installation of shower assemblies
- Poorly installed doors and windows
- Poor installation or lack of air barriers